The following is a list of rules that must enforced in order to maintain a pleasant and safe atmosphere for the enjoyment of all players.
1. No running or track shoes on the clay courts. We do have tennis shoes for sale and will extend a 20% discount on regularly priced shoes to guests who do not have proper footwear.
2. No smoking in the pro shop or on the grounds.
4. No littering on courts or grounds.
5. No damage, defacing property, throwing or hitting the fence with your racquet.
6. All players must check in at the pro shop before going to their court. There is a 10 minute grace period for court reservations. If you do not check in for your court after this time period, we reserve the right to book it for another guest.
7. Court, clinic, and lesson cancellations should be made as soon as you know you cannot attend, especially during the Spring and Summer seasons.
8. Proper clothing must be worn on the courts. Shirts must be worn at all times. No exceptions.
9. Courtesy to each other and employees is expected from all guests.
10. Court reservations can be made on the hour and be made on the day or a day in advance of play.
11. No ball machines or large ball baskets permitted, unless granted permission by our Director of Tennis. Machines and baskets are allowed on courts being used for Resort programs and Smith Stearns Junior Academy lessons and camp.
In order for our club to remain operational, it is necessary for us to set certain priorities.
1. Maintenance takes priority over playing time. Our courts must be swept, rolled and watered on a regular basis in order to keep them in the best playable condition.
2. Organized activities, camps, clinics, lessons, and round robins take priority over regular playing time